Hey everyone! My fiber arts company, Things Liz Makes, is going to be representing at the Lamb and Wool Festival at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, UT on Saturday May 21st! I'll be displaying yarns, fibers and finished projects, as well as demonstrating crocheting and spindle spinning. Anyone in the area, feel free to stop by and check it out! The festival is going to be full of fun woolly things, including sheep herding and shearing demonstrations, felting and spinning demos and fun projects! I'm personally pretty excited for the festival, but I'm a fiber addict and need exposure to as much wool as possible.
Here's the info about the Lamb and Wool Festival:
Each spring, Farm Country demonstrates the centuries-old tradition of sheep shearing. This process, done by a craftsman called a “shearer” is traditionally done in the spring over several days. The Lamb and Wool Festival is an annual event to entertain and enlighten families. Sheep dog demonstrations, duck herding, wool sheering, waulking, storytelling, wool crafts & activities, entertainment, pony and wagon rides, food, and more.
SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES
* Hacky sacks (10 am- 6 pm)
* Wool soap (10 am - 6 pm)
* Solar wool dyeing (10 am- 6 pm)
* Wool bracelets (10 am- 6 pm)
* Spinning & weaving demonstrations (10 am- 6 pm)
* Food Vendors (10 am- 6 pm)
* Pony & wagon rides (10 am- 6 pm)
* Wool shearing (10 am- 2 pm)
* Sheep dog demonstrations (12 noon, 1 pm, 2 pm, & 3 pm)
* Duck herding demonstrations at (12:30 pm, 1:30 pm, and 2:30 pm)
* Storytelling at 11 am, 1 pm, and 3 pm
The fun all starts at 10am. Admission is $5 per person, ages 3 and up. Thanksgiving Point Club Members and children under 3 are admitted free. For more information and a map to the event, check out the Thanksgiving Point Website and the Utah Valley Weekend Planner.
Hope to see a few of you there!